Derzeit ist es Sonntag 27. September 2020, 01:54

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Celtic Park Singing Section - St Pauli Help/Advice 
Autor Nachricht
Lernt noch alles kennen

Beitrag Celtic Park Singing Section - St Pauli Help/Advice
As some of you may or may not be aware Celtic are planning to introduce a singing section to the stadium from next season. This will be behind the goals in the Jock Stein stand.

Over the last few years the atmosphere inside Celtic Park has declined to a point where during home SPL matches the atmosphere is non existent. Only in big European games or games against Rangers does the stadium come alive (and even then there is a noticeable difference in Old Firm games now).

So to try and improve the atmosphere a group of fans have decided to form a singing section with the support of the club. Yesterdays TIFO display was also organised by the people involved with the singing section.

What I admired on my recent trip to Hamburg and attending the game in Bielefeld is the way the St Pauli fans get behind their team and sing throughout the game.

So do you have any advice on how to improve the atmosphere, what things the singing section could introduce?

How close do your fan groups liase with the people who run St Pauli? How do you finance your TIFO displays and flags and banners?

Any tips, help, or advice would be most appreciated.

Montag 9. Mai 2005, 12:25
Basisstpauli-Mitglied
Basisstpauli-Mitglied

Beitrag Re: Celtic Park Singing Section - St Pauli Help/Advice
Balloch Bhoy hat geschrieben:
What I admired on my recent trip to Hamburg and attending the game in Bielefeld is the way the St Pauli fans get behind their team and sing throughout the game.

Believe me, at the moment it is depending on the game, for - after four seasons of really poor football - we are a bit tired to see that we are wasting more energy on supporting than our players on the pitch... You were lucky visiting the Bielefeld match, it was one of the good ones!

So do you have any advice on how to improve the atmosphere, what things the singing section could introduce?

I think what the atmosphere needs most is some people who sing simultaneously. If that happens, others will join in. Are You planning to use a megaphone?

My personal opinion it is very important to keep political correctness - for if only few people sing something You can't point at all the fans, but if all are singing the same it falls back to all the fans. There is some responsibility within that.

How close do your fan groups liase with the people who run St Pauli? How do you finance your TIFO displays and flags and banners?

That depends on what we are about to do. Normally there is not really much contact, except there is something we need information about. We (Basis) know someone working for the club we can ask, and if he doesn't know he can ask others. That is the same - I think - with all active fanclubs.
The Choreos are financed by the fanclubs itself. Sometimes they are collecting money (as they did for the Choreo against the second team of HSV), but usually they manage it by selling a Fanzine or merchandising articles (even fanclubs have got their own stuff).

Any tips, help, or advice would be most appreciated.

I hope these words could help You at least a bit. But I hope others will answer Your questions, too. They may have some other points...

Brown and White Wishes to Glasgow!
S050.gif S052.gif

Die da reden von vergessen,
die da reden von verzeihn,
denen schlage man die Fressen
mit schweren Eisenhämmern ein!
(B. Brecht)

Montag 9. Mai 2005, 12:45
Profil E-Mail senden

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]